Ouroboros Quilt Pattern - DIGITAL (PDF)
There's a snake in my... quilt! Venture into intricate foundation paper piecing territory with this adventurous two-fer design: the original snake, "Hiss", or the slightly less serpentine ∞, "Infinity." Both versions finish at a monstrous 42" x 56".
Full color DIGITAL (PDF) pattern file will be sent for download following purchase and includes:
- Coloring page
- Basic overview of foundation paper piecing using a simple, test block for those unfamiliar with the method or in need of a refresher
- Fabric selection guide to assist you in choosing fabrics for (1) your main figure (the snake or the infinity symbol) and (2) the graffiti design elements
- Technicolor illustrations of the full foundation depicting graffiti design elements on the main figure (snake or ∞) and corresponding lettered sections
- Full size foundation pattern files: 2 ARCH E-1 30" x 42" files that you can send for printing** at a local office store (think Staples or Office Depot), copy shop, or repro graphics shop (e.g., a store that prints engineering/architectural documents)
- Fabric key for main figure (snake or ∞) so you can cut fabric swatches to match symbols used on the foundations.
**NOTE: The 30" x 42" engineering print files you'll receive as a download can also be poster-printed (or tile printed) on your home printer at 100% across multiple pages in lieu of sending to a copy shop. Note that printing on a home printer will require taping all pages back together before cutting into lettered sections for sewing. If you choose this approach, use scotch tape (NOT boxing tape), to ensure the foundations can still tear away without damaging your seams after sewing.